Saturday, June 12, 2010

I need a helmet.

Recently I've been getting more into my bike riding, every day, maybe twice or more a day, I'll get on my bike and take a nice little trip around town, same route for the most part. I think about all the stress and drama in my life. Then when I go past Kara's house, I put it in 7th gear,which is a little hard to pedal with. Then I turn onto the busier street in my town and I start thinking more about what's been making me angry, and upset, and focus it all into pumping my legs as hard as I can. I start to get faster, to the point that if a car is following, it takes a long while for it to catch up, then I take another turn heading for the park, the another to head for the street I live on. This is very hard to do, since I'm going so fast, I have to make very wide turns and tilt my bike at an angle just to barely miss the grass. I was doing very well today, getting good speed, but when I made the second turn, my bike wobbled a bit and I thought I was losing control, but it turns out I just didnt tilt enough.....Or too much, dunno. Strangely enough I was excited about that, it got my heart pumping more and I wanted to keep going, despite my lungs screaming for air, and my legs feeling non existant. So then I was heading back to my house, and was about to turn into my drive way, when someone called my name and said hi, this cought me by suprise and I almost crashed into my garage door.
I know this all sounds nuts, but I'm really enjoying it, when I get to pedaling like that, with my blood flowing, and everything blurring by me, all my thoughts melt away, the drama in my life starts becomes unimportant, and soon all that exists is me and my bike. It's so peaceful, even if I do feel like I'm dieing, but I'd rather that then deal with the chaos of my mind. I'm lovin' it. Then I get home whip out the ice pack and cool myself down. Seeing the fog (mist/steam?) come off it is kind of fun as well, and everything comes back after a while.

What I've learned from this: I need a helmet, or I will die.

Maybe I should start doing this earlier in the morning? Specifically set my alarm really early just for that? Opinions, biking tips, inquiries, please? Thank you =)

7 comments:

  1. bike riding is great, kinda like i imagine flying if you get going fast enuf! whats really good is going top speed down the Hill! whooooeee! what time do you ride by? i dont think ive ever seen you or id say " HI!!!" get a motorcycle helmet with flaaaaames down the side! you know whats a rly good ride, is to jordan lake. me and my dad and sis did taht last year, this year we're thinking about riding to the portland library or the charlotte aquatic center. personally, i think early morning and sunset or night are the best times for biking cuz its so pretty, esp if you got some nice LOUD music playing to keep you going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually ride in the evening, around 5-7. I try not to go too far, so I just take the same path around town. Maybe I should just get up reeeeeaaaally early and ride my bike, like every day before school......I wish I had some music to take with me, but I don't, everything I have is too bulky for a bike ride.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhh thats prolly why i never see you, by then im generally down in my cave of a room hiding from the family!! i dunno, i think morning is the best time to do most anything, esp anytime from 6:00- to like 6:45, after that some ppl are out and about, i tried getting up like that once b4 school i mean~ ha. that didnt quite exactly work. cuz i get up at 6:15 for school and refused to drag myself up any earlier!! you should get an mp3 player~ theyre not that expensive even... its worth it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heheh, I think I have one, it just doesnt download music. Well, it does, just not right anyway. I guess I can try to go for a bike ride early, my alarm is already set and stuff for school anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. then whats the point of the mp3 player? you need a new one!! well, ill have to arm myself with marshmallows just in case i see you while im running!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I think it was supposed to work normally, but then ended up....not?
    Oh, it is on!! I will carry around a giant bag with me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hmmm that sux, for all that technology helps us, its still a pain when it doesnt work... :/ alrite, prepare to meet your doooooom!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete